Transitioning to Lean-Agile practices for building technology-based capabilities is especially challenging in the government context. But issues of legacy governance, contracting, and organizational barriers can be overcome with the right information and strategies. During this two-day course, attendees will learn the principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation of a program inside a government agency.
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and why it’s an essential foundation for transformation. They’ll also get practical advice on building high performing, multi-vendor Agile teams and programs, managing technology investments in Lean flow, acquiring solutions with Agile contracting, launching the program, and planning and delivering value using SAFe. Attendees will also learn how specific leadership behaviors can drive successful organizational change, even in government.
- Transition government programs from traditional software and systems development models to Lean-Agile and DevOps mindset, principles, and practices using SAFe
- Adapt technology strategy, budgeting and forecasting, acquisition, compliance, and governance processes to flow-based practices using emerging government guidelines
- Organize government programs into one or more Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and execute in Program Increments (PIs)
- Explore Large Solution coordination in a government and multi-vendor environment
- Identify and internalize the mindset and leader behaviors essential to successful Lean-Agile transformation
- Follow success patterns for SAFe implementations adapted to the government context
- Build a preliminary outline of next steps to begin and/or accelerate the SAFe implementation in your program or agency
- Advancing Lean-Agile in government
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Creating high-performing Agile teams and programs
- Planning with cadence and synchronization
- Supporting program execution
- Mapping the path to agency and program agility
- Leading successful change
What Attendees Get
- Attendee workbook
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- One Certification exam attempt upon General Availability of the course
To register, click the register button below.